Thursday, December 27, 2012

Our 2012 RAOKs


This year we decided that we wanted to donate to a charity or organization. I was really hard to choose just 1! We went ahead and made a donation to the following:

MEND - I feel like it was only right to make this part of our donations this year. If not for mend, I would not have learned about your family or others that have provided my family with so much support. On days where things are really tough for me, I know there is also someone that I can talk to and someone that is apart of MEND will understand my pain.

COOKS - Cook Children's is the hospital Lauren was at for the majority of her short life. The care was astounding and even after Lauren passed away, they have reached out to my family and still provide support in so many ways. Cooks will forever be apart of my heart. I know many other moms that have had their children cared by the staff at Cooks and we really just wanted to give a little back.

STRANGER - I heard about a family that recently lost their home due to a fire from another blm, Priscilla. Priscilla wrote: " Imagine waking up this morning to find out that your home had completely burned down and everything is gone. Unfortunately, that's the type of loss a friend is currently dealing with. With the hustle and bustle of the "Giving Season," could you spare $10? I will be matching donations up to $100. This amazing courageous BLM has 5 children, the youngest is 6 months, and her and her husband run their business from their home, so that is also gone. Please comment or message me for the paypal address." I knew that in a hard time, I would be so grateful of anyone willing to help. This is the reason we made a donation to her and her family. I really wish that even though the times are tough, they are able to still have a Happy Holiday.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment