Tuesday, December 4, 2012

30 Things - November

I saw several people doing something on Facebook in the month of November. People were posting something they were thankful for, everday, making it a total of 30 things they are thankful for. As I saw people doing this, I wondered if there was 30 things I could name. Sounds easy right? Well, I think I have been dealing with depression for a while now, and I doubted being able to name that amount. So here it goes, lets see if I can name 30! (in no particular order, except what pops in my mind:
 
1. Brandon, Halley, and Lauren. 
2. Family and Friends I would consider as Family.
3. My pets - they keep me comfort a lot of the time and they are just so much fun!
4. A roof over my head and not being in a period of struggle. We have dealt with struggling before, and I am glad I am currently in an okay financial state.
5. So many interesting TV shows! - It gives me the ability to relax, laugh, or be interested in something that does not cause stress and something I can enjoy.
6. Doctors - The last 2 years have thrown me and my family so many medicial struggles. I am thankful for those that are passionate about their job and give awesome, rememberable care.
7. Cameras - I have so many memories and are able to relive them through great photographs.
8. The Christmas Season - I love being with family, joyful music, decorating, cheerful attitudes, shopping, just about everything!
9. Text Feature - I HATE talking on the phone.. HA.. If you want to reach me, text is a must!
10. Medication - I feel as though the current medication I am on is keeping me alive and functional for myself and family.
 
This is getting really difficult.

11. Work - I know a lot of people go without work, so I am glad I have a steady income.
12. Days off! - I think I would go crazy if I did not get a break and rest time away from work.
13. My car - When my last one was totaled out, I was put in a difficult situation where I was unable to have a car for a lengthly amount of time. Not only did I go crazy, I did not like having to rely on people.
14. MEND - Helps me with difficult and dark times. It was nice knowing I was not alone in this unfortunate situation.
15. Lauren's Gravesite - I am so thankful to have somewhere outside of my home to remember Lauren. We love going as a family, visiting her, decorating for her - we like being able to buy her things and getting to take them to her.
 
I am really not sure if I can think of anymore.....
 
I mean there are random, material, meaningless things I am thankful for, but I am not sure if that's the point. But I guess I did list some of these above, like the tv shows haha... oh well
 
16. Items I kept that were Lauren's - It helps comfort me to have things that she touched, wore, we used for her, etc.
17. My bed - I would never be able to sleep comfortably on the floor! It is so big and cuddly, I just love it.
18. Kindness - It is so great to find someone that is so kind, it just makes my day whenever I see someone do a kind gesture.
19. Bottled water and drinks - sounds weird, but I don't like tap water, and I don't like buying canned drinks from anywhere (unless in a box) because I have no idea what was touched it, been in or near it, etc.
20. Love - I am thankful I have people TO love. I am thankful there are people who love me. I am thankful to know that love DOES exist. I would never want to be without it.
 
Well.... I think that's it. I honestly cannot think of anymore things that I am truly thankful for. There are probably more. Or there may not be at this moment, but I am sure there will be more in the future. I tried. And I am thankful I know of some really solid things I am thankful for and would never want to loose!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment