Thursday, December 27, 2012

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

We had a white Christmas this year! My Christmas was pretty depressing for several reasons, but knowing it snowed a little, made it a little brighter. I didn't go out and play in it or anything, but it is still pretty to see. Also, we were going to visit Lauren on Christmas, so we knew it was going to look extra pretty at the cemetery. I don't ever remember getting snow when I was younger, but Lauren was lucky enough to get snow on her 2nd Christmas! If only she was here with us to play in it. I am going to make another post about my depressing Christmas later on, so this one is going to be kept light, so I can keep a smile on my face for the rest of the night.

Brandon and I took Lauren some fresh flowers on Christmas, even though it was freezing, and the flowers would probably get ruined pretty quick, but we love going to visit and taking her fresh pretty flowers. Ever since she was buried, I have a photgraph of every flower we have taken to her. I mean, I don't get to take pictures of her, so getting pictures of her headstone, decorations, and flowers give me a little relief, and as strange as it may sound, it brings me some joy too. There isn't much more that I can say to fully explain that, but I'm sure some other blm will understand me, maybe.

Anywho, there was just enough snow to fully cover the ground. It was definitely pretty and I might have taken 30 pictures, ha! We gave Lauren her flowers, told her Merry Christmas, and cleaned up around her headstone since the rain, wind, and snow made a mess. It was completely freezing and I was sick so we couldn't stay too long, but I was happy to get to see her and the snow on Christmas. I wish I would have made her a snowman, but didn't think about it until after I left. Maybe next year.











No comments:

Post a Comment