Monday, December 31, 2012

Lauren's Letters from 2012 Stocking Project

Oh My Goodness, I just realized I did not post letters from last year! I was thinking about when I am going to post about Lauren's Stocking Project for 2013 and was looking through my previous posts when I noticed. So I thought tonight would be a good night! Like 2011, I am going to only insert a few sentences or so from each letter. Also, here is the link to 2011 Letters to Lauren: http://autry-family.blogspot.com/2012/01/christmas-day-with-letters-for-laurens_1189.html 
Here we go:

Tiffany E. & Friends: Tiffany shared our family's story with some of her friends and they decided to do a group project! They ended up collection over 20 toys for Toy for Tots! "You have inspired so many people with your story of courage through such a hard time! Hope our small act of kindness brings some joy to your hearts!"

Nora A.: Nora donated 4 toys to Toys for Tots: 3 boy toys & 1 "very special little girl princess tea set". "Hope your holidays are filled with joy with everyone remembering your little girl. I'm glad I got a chance to celebrate her life with you."

Rori C.: "made a donation to a special fund for a family in need this holiday. I'm also making an extra donation to MEND in her memory."

David V.: Donated $20 to a homeless person

Nolvia V.: "Back in June, Jacob's Angelversary was the 27th. Friends and Family gathered that day and brought us stuffed animals, and I knew right away I wanted them in honor of my baby boy and all the other angels! Therefore when I take the stuffed animals, Lauren's name will be there along with Jacob's."

Katherine C. & Family: Donated to make a wish foundation, bought bears & donted the to the battered woman's shelter, & paid off someone's layaway!

Jessica O.: "I want to wish y'all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. I'm so proud of how strong y'all are..... Continue keeping your heads up high...."

Emily C. & Family: Donated to March of Dimes. "I hope your grief today is not too hard on you and you have a joyful stress free day."

Missy S.: "You, Landon, and all of these angel babies are not forgotten and are saving future children of the world with your story. Your little life has definitely made an impact on me and I can say it has helped me be a more compassionate and loving person."

Danielle N. & Family: "We prayed for someone we don't really like and don't get along with. This was a little harder then I thought it was going to be. It sounds all easy until you get to the doing part. It takes overcoming your issues. I think we were blessed by doing this. We did this in memory of Lauren."

Monica V.: She helped a young woman buy some clothing essentials .The woman was going through a difficult time and just made her journey to Texas from Central America. :She cried with emotion & I cried. She gave me lots of hugs. I don't think I have ever felt that much joy and sadness at the same time."

Adrianna N.: Let people in front of her in traffic and different lines, brought hot cocoa to the Salvation Army bell ringers, donated to an animal shelter, worked at the animal shelter and soup kitchen, and also donated decorations to a cemetery for the Baby Land area. :When I felt mad, sad, overwhelmed, or guilty I did something in honor of our babies. So thank you for helping me through this holiday season."

Esmeralda M.: "I just want to say you are such a strong person in having to go through this. Nobody should ever have to deal with it. I can't say I know what it's like, but I know it can change you forever. Hope you and your family enjoy the holidays."

Bianca G.: Passed by a Santa passing out candy but instead of taking candy, she gave the Santa a scratch off. "It's better to give then receive! I did this in memory of Baby Lauren who's celebrating with the angels. I'm sure she would of brought many smiles to all our faces."

Jenalea J.: Brought a Salvation Army bell ringer a Starbucks coupon for a free drink. "I think of you guys and sweet Lauren a lot since she died just a few days before Baby Marc. I hope you have a peaceful Christmas."

Delilah B.: Her and her fiancé helped deliver bikes to less fortunate kids. "May God give you peace and comfort."

Teena Z.: Teena & her family travelled to Atlanta where they encountered several homeless people. "We realized that as tourists we had so many snacks and waters we had accumulated and in fact did not need. It was then that we decided to package some sandwiches, yogurts, waters, and fruit to give to any homeless individual we came into contact with." They then encountered someone to give their package of goodies too, which was extremely grateful. "I felt inspired to share this story with you, because it simply goes to show that no matter how small the act of kindness, it truly does go a long way. WE have chosen to be a blessing to others just as your family has been as well."

Angie, Justin, & Caleb A.: They helped a family of 8 during a very difficult financial time. They helped pay off some bills, took them grocery shopping, helped with one of the child's birthday party, and also helped with their Christmas. " So, that is our act of kindness this year. To help a family that has also been through a loss of children and tried so hard to keep life happy for the other kids. ...  It's all about paying the good will forward. So, in honor of little Lauren and anyone that's ever been generous to others, known or random, know that we are doing our parts whenever we can, not just at Christmas. And, thanks to you all for reminding others to do so as well."

Jacob G.: "Lauren you are always going to have a special place in my heart. I hope that the time that we do get to meet again we will have the chance to get close and I will be able to show you the love and attention you deserve. I love you Lauren."

Yajaira F.: "When you're faced with a challenge you can either face it or take the easy way out. I never told your mom this but I thought her decision to give you life was crazy brave. Her love for you transcended all realms. ... The void left by your absence is felt everyday but I hope you can see that from Heaven."

Rodriguez Family: They bought 4 presents for a little 2 year old girl. "When I went to take her parents the gifts, I told them about Lauren & why we do the RAOK in honor of Lauren. They were very grateful, Lauren did not only touch my life, she has touched many loves in all the RAOK." ... "Being sisters is a beautiful blessing, you two will always be sisters here & in Heaven. I saw a picture your sister drew recently & you were exactly how I picture you, a beautiful angel with wings watching over them. Thank you for surrounding all of us with your love and memory."

Mendez Family: Made a monetary gift to The Salvation Army. "I am thankful for the time we all had with you, including your special family. Your family is one of the best. I love how they keep you alive within us and how much they speak of you. Halley is such a great big sis, your parents - Great ones! No matter what, they are always smiling. I wish our sweet angel a Merry Christmas, I bet it's beautiful there."

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment