Saturday, December 24, 2011

Forever Christmas Night

Forever Christmas Night
By: Renee Sangsland

All I really want for Christmas is
something I cannot have.

A wish from deep within my soul
A longing only those who've been there know
For a little face staring at the tree
Dancing with excitement on daddy's knee
Eyes full of wonder, shining so bright

And a head full of dreams on Christmas night.

There's something missing as I gaze at the tree
For the thing I want most can never be.

Christmas night is a magical time
It's mysteries held in a nursery ryhme
Where anything's possible and
dreams do come true
That's where my heart is waiting for you.

I do believe I'll see you again
I'll have to settle for wishes 'til then
But so long as that day is well within sight
It will be forever Christmas Night.

Merry Christmas to my beautiful angel, Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment