Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our Random Act Of Kindness - Christmas 2011

So this year we participated and performed a couple of different random acts of kindness but as a family, Brandon, Halley, & I did one we were extremely happy that we were able to do.

This year, we decided we would let other families who lost a child, know that there is another family thinking of their child. I know how it feels to think you are alone. I wanted to make sure we were able to reach out to people.

We went to the store and bought 48 mini stockings, 48 small ornaments which were either 1) A pink teddy bear, 2) a blue teddy bear, or 3) a white snowman, and also bought little tags where we could incorporate a Merry Christmas note. We knew that we could not put enough out for every single baby that is buried at the cemetary where Lauren is at, as babyland is unfortunetely pretty big. We thought that this could just be a small gesture to these families, and I could imagine how I would react if I was the one receiving on the other end.


This picture is Halley organizing all the Stockings.


This is everything we bought & put together. (We mixed the red & green stockings for the boys and girls, we wanted a variety.)


Halley stuffing the stockings :)



I'm not sure why these pictures are turned, but these are the insides of the tags we put in the stockings as well. We wanted to wish the families a Merry Christmas, let them know this was coming from another family who lost a child too soon, and put my email, in case anyone wanted to talk. <3 We then we out to the cemetery and placed the stockings beside the babies.

Hopefully, the families who received our small gesture of kindness enjoyed it as much as we did completing this. I am going to include a few of the pictures we took of some of the stockings we placed, and I am hoping no one gets offended that I am posting these, but I feel as I should show our Random Act of Kindness completed.




No comments:

Post a Comment