Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lauren's 1st Angelversary

July 2nd was Lauren's 1st Angelversary. I was very sad on this day - definitely more than any other usual day. We wanted to do something to recognize what the day meant to us. We invited my family out to meet us at the cemetery about when it was starting to get dark. I was really set on letting lanterns go. I think that every year we are going to alternate doing different things for her birthday and angelversary. We bought 10 from a website, all different bright colors. I had to work this day, even though I had my heart set on not. I've been really busy at work, so I really did not have much of a choice. But since I was busy, the day went by somewhat fast. When I arrived home, I walked into a sweet surprise. The MEND group that offers so much support, sent a rose to my house in remembrance of Lauren. Once I got home, I rested for 5 minutes and then headed to the cemetery to meet family. We attempted them that night but it didn't go as planned. We think it might have been too windy. We were also scared that it was going to start a fire - it was pretty hilarious and scary! Brandon and I are still going to try it on another, less windy day. Again Thank You to everyone who texted me, messaged me, wrote on my wall, sent something to us, sent thoughts our way, and to those who visited Lauren on this day with us. Here are some pictures below of our attempt:










Letting lanterns go reminds me of the Disney movie, Tangled. I love this scene from Tangled. I love even more the meaning of the lyrics. It is like how I feel about Lauren. It is a very sweet song. :)

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here, suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

&

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once, everything is different
Now that I see you



1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures Melissa. I'm so sorry you had to work on such a hard day. I sure hope your lanterns fly to Lauren the next time you try. I bet they'll be gorgeous sailing in the wind to her. :) Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete