Wednesday, July 4, 2012

07/01/11 - One Year Ago In Pictures

July 1st was the last day we saw Lauren alive. She was moved to an area that had more space just early that morning. She needed more room for her machine, and for everyone to get around it. I can just remember being extremely emotional this day, but I went home feeling okay. Our last visit with her that night was around 11pm. The hospital woke up up on July 2nd at 4AM. :( I miss seeing her, I miss holding her, I miss everything. Every day is hard, especially lately since it has been exactly one year since we went through the emotional roller coaster of Lauren being in the NICU. I had such high hopes and there is nothing I can do with them now, except pack them away. </3



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Melissa. I can't imagine the pain you and your sweet family are in. Your story still breaks my heart. I can't imagine getting a call like that from the hospital... I can't imagine the great fear you had all the way there... and I definitely can't imagine the horrendous pain of seeing the nurse there waiting for you holding little Lauren. I will most definitely keep you in prayer. <3

    ReplyDelete