Sunday, June 3, 2012

Planning Her 1st Birthday

Planning her 1st birthday party is very different than I ever expected. Lauren will be 1 year old in just 14 days!!!!! I really cannot believe how fast time has gone by. Of course a while back, I was thinking time was never moving. But anway, just because my little girl is not here with us physically, doesn't mean we should not celebrate her life, so we still will!

The other day, Brandon, Halley, & I went to party city, chose a few decorations, balloons, and some goody bag items. We plan on having her birthday party with her at the cemetery. I went ahead and sent evites out to some of our family and a couple of friends. My best friend is going to be making her birthday cake and I can't wait to see it! We also ordered a small surprise gift for the older kids and adults to take home with them, so they have something to always keep in remembrance of Lauren... I don't want to say what it is just yet ;). We plan on putting a table out there, we bought a table cloth to cover it, place her cake, the goody bags, and hopefully her scrapbook if I am able to finish it. We also bought special balloons that will look fabulous blown up. After we sing Happy Birthday to her, cut the cake, enjoy some family time together, then we will go ahead and have our own balloom release. I think it will be the best way we can celebrate her.

I also have plans on ordering something for July 2nd - her 1 year angelversary... but I'll keep that a secret for now too.

I realized that in the next couple of weeks, it is going to be very difficult for us... to have these important dates come up and be overwhelmed with sadness, but even though I may cry, I will celebrate my little miracle baby, remember her short life, and remember all the joy she brought to my family. I still can't believe she is almost 1!! <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh Melissa. I can't wait to see the pictures of her cake and little birthday party! I know they will be beautiful. I know that little Lauren will have the best Heavenly birthday a baby girl can have. :) You, Brandon and Halley are in my prayers during this time. <3

    ReplyDelete