Friday, December 27, 2013

Our 2013 RAOKs


1. First, anytime anyone needed over in traffic, I would let them. I am a pretty aggressive driver, so it was nice to slow down and notice others. 


2. Then a couple of weeks ago there was a lady trying to cross the street but she was at a 4-way stop and no one would let her cross. It was cold out so I knew she was anxious to get where she was going, so I made sure to stop and start letting her cross traffic. 

3. Also, A week ago I bought one dozen cupcakes from someone throwing a fundraiser for a little girl who was diagnosed with cancer. I only spent $24 and did not need an entire dozen of cupcakes, but I know in situations like that, any amount helps. 

4. That same weekend my daughter had a cheer competition and they were hosting a toy drive. We donated 2 toys (one girl and one boy) which were going to the Scottish Rite Hospital. 

5. We also purchased 2 additional toys to put in a Toys for Tots fundraiser box my husband's work had. 

6. Lastly, We decided to purchase gifts for a 5 yr old little boy and a 3 yr old little girl. Their mother had absolutely no money to buy even a single gift for either of them. I did not want them to go without anything on Christmas, so we purchased a couple of gifts for the each of them. 

We try to do RAOKs through-out the entire year, but those were just the ones done in December 2013. As you can see, some of them cost absolutely no money at all. We just try to aim at spreading joy, love, and thoughtfulness at times that are usually purely chaotic. 

Again, sorry I have been MIA. But I promise, Lauren's letters will be posted soon! <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment