Sunday, May 6, 2012

International Bereaved Mother's Day

Today is Bereaved Mother's Day. Unfortunetly, I now know many women who Mother's day is a little different than the traditional one. I hope everyone enjoys their day, spending time with their family, and remembering their baby. I have learned so much from each and every one of you, and you have been there to comfort me and give me the strength when I have been really down. Thank You, and Happy Bereaved Mother's Day!

"Today is International Bereaved Mothers Day! This day was created by us in 2010 and it now falls on the first Sunday of every May.

This special day was created to honour and celebrate mothers who carry some if not all of their children in their hearts rather than their arms. In our modern day society, mothers who are grieving the death of their babies and children are usually forgotten. The traditional Mothers Day has proven to be an emotionally difficult day for so many mothers around the world.

On this day each year we come together to celebrate our connection, our babies and children and our hope for the future. We look at their ultrasound photos, polish their urns, lay flowers at their graves, visit special places and light candles in their memory."


How was your Mother's day?

For me... it isn't really recgonized by alot of people, but of course it was by other baby loss mommies, and my sister as well. It was really nice and surprising to get the acknowledgement from someone other than another baby loss mommy. I also posted about it on Facebook and others liked my status, so that was nice to see they acknowledged it. Alot of people just have a hard time finding something to say, so I understand.

We were driving home from our weekend trip, but once we got home and rested for a little bit, we went and visited Lauren. It was nice outside and I was thankful for getting to spend some time with her.

"So now there is a day that is perfect for me to openly remember my babies that aren't with me. To celebrate that I created their lives no matter how short their time was. I am their Mom and I always will be and nobody can take that away from me, especially today"


♥  I am remembing the short, yet wonderful times, I had with Lauren - Today and Always ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment